It’s hard to explain to outsiders what makes Marysville so special. When most people think of Union County, they picture farmland and tractor pulls. While we are proud of our rural roots, Marysville is making a name for itself as home to delicious dining options, as well. No longer Central Ohio’s best-kept secret, diners are making the drive up from Columbus to see what all the fuss is about. Below is our list of top spots that are quickly putting Marysville on the map:
- Hinkley’s – Who knew comfort food could be fancy? Hinkley’s unique brand of Southern comfort food made with locally-sourced ingredients keeps diners coming back for more. Quirky modern decor fills the halls of the historic property located at 318 E. Fifth St. Stop by for Happy Hour to sample out-of-this-world cocktails and craft beers or make dinner reservations for two for a truly exceptional date night experience.
- Leon’s Garage – Right next door to Hinkley’s, Leon’s Garage is a more casual joint. Serving up burgers and hot dogs, Leon’s is a great place to watch the game or sample seasonal craft brews with friends. And there’s something to be said for small-town nightlife, too: flights and cocktails are just $6 and there’s always a seat at the bar.
- Benny’s Pizza – Long before Hinkley’s or Leon’s came to town, Benny’s Pizza was serving up pies and atmosphere in equal measure. A Marysville landmark for over 15 years, Benny’s has found fans with locals and travelers alike, thanks to their delicious pizza and wings. Stop by on Friday nights for live music and you’re bound to run into someone you know. Just another great thing about small-town living.
- The Half Pint – For fans of Dublin’s Pint Room, there’s a new option a bit closer to home. The Half Pint, located adjacent to Old Bag of Nails pub, offers up delicious craft burgers and boasts 40 beers on tap. With creative menu options and “new-kid-in-town” status, the Half Pint is just waiting to be explored by local beer lovers and curious visitors alike.
- Fiesta Grande – Anyone who has spent any time in Marysville will rave about Fiesta Grande. A Marysville institution, Fiesta Grande has survived name changes, building collapses and a new location, while continuing to be everyone’s favorite Mexican food joint. Bottomless baskets of chips and $3 margaritas during happy hour – what more can you ask for?
Do you agree with our list? What would you add? Let us know in the comments!