It’s the most wonderful time of the year, Marysville! Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and after this weekend, Christmas preparations will be in full swing! Lucky for us, there’s plenty to do around town to help get you in the spirit of the season. Below are five events happening locally to help you feel that holiday magic:
1. What better way to say goodbye to fall and rev up for a big Thanksgiving dinner than with a fun run? Walk, jog or dash through historic Uptown Marysville on Thanksgiving Day (11/24) with the Marysville Pumpkin Dash. The event starts at 9 a.m. and you can find more info here.
2. The day after Thanksgiving signifies the start of the Christmas season for many people, and the good people at Heimbush Christmas Tree Farm agree! The farm opens for the season on Friday 11/25 at 9 a.m. so you and your family can begin picking out the perfect tree, almost as soon as the Thanksgiving dishes are done.
3. Many people choose the weekend after Thanksgiving to begin their Christmas shopping (and who can beat those Black Friday deals?). But the small-business owners of Uptown Marysville invite residents to do their shopping at local stores on Small Business Saturday, 11/26. There’s sure to be plenty of good deals and a personalized approach you won’t get at a chain store!
4. Speaking of shopping small: The Sleigh Bells Ring Craft Show takes place Sunday, 11/27 at North Union High School. Shop for one-of-a-kind gifts from local artisans from 11 a.m to 4 p.m. With over 60 vendors, you may just get all your shopping done in one weekend.
5. A Marysville tradition, the Uptown Christmas Walk and Tree Lighting will take place Monday 11/28 starting at 5 p.m. Christmas cheer will be plentiful as visitors enjoy horse-drawn carriage rides, live musical performances and even a visit from Santa’s reindeer! As the sun sets, the countdown will begin to light the beautiful community Christmas tree in Partner’s Park.
(mailbox photo by John Block)